China Medical University (CMU) is among the first batch of Chinese medical schools authorized by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to recruit international students. It is also one of the universities authorized by MOE to teach medicine in English for international students.
China Medical University (CMU) was the first medical school established by the Chinese Communist Party. Its precursor was the Chinese Workers'-Peasants' Red Army Military Medical School and Chinese Workers'-Peasants' Red Army Health School founded in Ruijin city, Jiangxi province in 1931.
Over 70,000 senior specialized medical personnel have been educated by CMU since its establishment. Its graduates are all over China and some countries and regions of the world. It nurtured so many famous medical experts and leaders of national health administration and education.
Location:- No. 92, Beier Road, Heping District, Shenyang Liaoning Province, China 110001
Program Name:- Medicine.
Degree Conferred:- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery - (MBBS).
Duration:- 6 years (5 + one year of internship).
Intake:- Sep 2015.
Medium of Teaching:- English.
Objectives:- Cultivate caring, excellent and responsible doctors with comprehensive knowledge, innovative techniques and superb clinical skills.
Requirements:- Marks Sheets of 10th and 12th with 80% of marks in PC, Valid Passport, Healthy and Non-Criminal Record, Application and Photos.
1. One of the top ten medical schools in China with a history of 79 years.
2. The university was the first medical school established by the Chinese Communist Party in 1931.
3. CMU has been teaching medicine in English medium since 1978.
4. The University ranks 4th position among nearly 150 Medical Colleges in China.
5. It is situated in Shenyang, the largest metropolis in northeastern China.
6. The MBBS programs has been listed by WHO's World Directory and it has reached a leading level in China and won high international reputations.
7. CMU has 3 large and modern affiliated hospitals, where students can do internship in the final year. The Shengjing Hospital is famous for its gynaecology and obstetrics.
8. The MBBS students can pay only 1/3 of the tuition fee if the students choose to do internship out of China.
9. Indian text books along with those of USA and UK editions.
CMU is one of the top ten medical schools in China with a history of 80 years. Was the first medical school established by the Chinese Communist Party. The whole north-east China was liberated in 1948 and the university was ordered to move to Shenyang and then merged with the former national Shenyang Medical College founded in 1911 and the former private Liaoning Medical College founded in 1892, both in the Shenyang city.
CMU has 9,013 academic staff, 27 colleges, 52 disciplines/specialties offering doctoral degrees, 64 master's degrees, and 13 bachelor degrees.
The total staff of CMU now is 11225, and 80% are professionals of different specialties. Among them are: one academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering, 562 professors, 827associate professors, 362 tutors for doctoral and 924 tutors for masters students. 2 are members of evaluation group of academic degree committee of the state council, 15 are chairman or vice-chairman of national academic societies.
Among young and middle-aged teachers 16 have been granted national young talents or other funds, 86 were chosen for provincial training plan for outstanding personnel, 38 were named as provincial young leaders of discipline or distinguishing key teachers.
The total number of registered students is now 13634, among them are 1028 doctoral postgraduates, 3349 masters students, 8263 undergraduates, 454are from foreign countries and Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
CMU begun to recruit international students with Chinese government scholarship in 1976 and began to recruit international students for MBBS program in English medium in 2005.
In the year 2010, the International Education School was established. It is a department responsible for international student admission, teaching as well as student administration and service. In the recent years, the international medical education of CMU has achieved great progress. A perfect teaching and management system has been formed. Students’ quality has been greatly improved.